Saturday, February 11, 2012

Box Elder Bugs in the garden...Help!?

I have a HUGE population of box elder bugs in my flower garden. In the vicinity where they are, I am growing a few herbs, lamb's ear, hydrangea, and irises. (No box elder plants at all...I live in Zone 7.) Is there is particular plant they are attracted to? I'd like to get rid of them before they invade my back porch. Any ideas or experiences?
Box Elder Bugs in the garden...Help!?
They are usually attracted to trees like boxelder, maple (especially silver maple) and some fruit trees. They are not necessarily harmful but they can be a nuisance, especially if they start getting inside your house. If you want to use chemicals, go to your local co-op and ask for Demon or Permethrin. Here is a link that might be helpful.
Reply:Did you recently apply bark mulch to the garden ? Maybe the bugs came in with the mulch. They like box elders, coincidence, if you have none they will just go away on their own.
massage shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment