Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Do hydrangeas that I´ll keep in our home like direct or indirect sunlight?

We live in Germany, and I don′t understand all of the directions in Deutsch.



Does this plant like direct or indirect sunlight?



How often does it need water?



Is there something natural I can feed it instead of chemical food?
Do hydrangeas that I′ll keep in our home like direct or indirect sunlight?
first of all i just want to say i never ben to germany but i work at a nursery so heres some tips * Most hydrangeas enjoy morning sunlight with peppery afternoon shade.

* Keep your hydrangeas growing happily with a nice layer of mulch around the base of the plant.

* Only prune your hydrangea to remove dead wood or to shape the plant after it has bloomed.

* Aluminum sulfate may be added to the soil around your hydrangea plants to turn pink hydrangeas blue.

* Lime may be added to the soil around your hydrangeas to turn blue hydrangea blooms pink in color.

* Adding a balanced fertilizer late in the Winter or early in the Spring is all that is usually needed to properly feed hydrangeas.

* Keep hydrangea plants well watered during dry spells.

* Fresh cut hydrangea makes a wonderful bouquet for special occasions.
Reply:They don't mind the shade although they can grow leggy keep trimmed back to fresh growth after the flowers have died off.

They are beautiful I treated myself to 3 plants last year they are in one of my shadiest spots I don't think they care for too much sun. But most things enjoy a bit. I live in the east of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment