Sunday, February 5, 2012

Is there enough acid in coffee grounds and tea leaves to keep the soil acidic enough to keep Everblooming?

Hydrangeas blue? I guess everyone has different soil, but I live in the midwest, USA



The nursery wants to sell me some scary sounding chemically thing that I would just as soon not add to the environment.



Also, does anyone know the name of the red hydrangea and does it require special care. I saw one that was very beautiful.
Is there enough acid in coffee grounds and tea leaves to keep the soil acidic enough to keep Everblooming?
Yes there is. I even add coffee grounds to our Hydrangeas' during the Winter months, snow covered or not!

You can buy a very easy to use %26amp; read pH Test from Home Depot (i bought mine there) to check the acidity of your soil.



I've heard of the Red Variety and they need a neutral pH Level which is kinda hard to achieve...I'd wait until next Spring to purchase and plant it. You'll need a location away from the Blue ones (the acidity may turn it pink) so you can amend the soil now.



Good Luck!
Reply:dont forget the acid in lemon peels and tomatoes that go bad and also miacid by miracle grow is from natural souces also not a bad chemical and sells at any department store like Kmart or depot ask the depot garden person or read the master gardener at the library i didnt know my roses till i read my master gardener
adult teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment