Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Planting a potted plant into the ground...?

I want to plant a potted hydrangea into the ground...is thing i need to do to the ground/soil before I plant it? Also, how deep does the hole need to be?
Planting a potted plant into the ground...?
Boarding, is quite right. Can I just add that hydrangeas need quite a bit of water. I have just been given some in Florida and I have had to plant them in the shade and water often. I grew lots in Ireland when I lived there, they liked the cool and wet climate. So depending on your climate, you get the idea. Good luck with them. They can also change colour (of the bloom) depending on the amount of lime in the soil.
Reply:Dig the hole about twice the width of the pot, and the same depth. When you plant your hydrangea, the top of the soil should be level. Don't plant too deep or too shallow. I like to mix the raised soil with some planting mix or good compost, and give it a thorough watering after you're done. Mulch the soil to protect the roots, and thats it!
pulling teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment